Tips for Management of Thyroid Diseases
- If you have symptoms of thyroid disease, get tested.
- If you are over age 60, get tested for hypothyroidism.
- If you have a thyroid condition, see your physician regularly. Work together
to develop a comprehensive treatment plan. Follow it!
- If you smoke, stop!
- If you are put on thyroid medication, take it religiously, exactly as your
- Communicate with your physician: inform your doctor promptly about new
symptoms or any medication side effects.
- Practice stress management: many of the symptoms of thyroid disease are
unpredictable and emotionally draining. This can be very stressful.
- If you have hyperthyroidism or if you take thyroid medication: minimize
your caffeine intake.
Click here for more information on thyroid disease symptoms.
Created: 10/17/2000  - Donnica Moore, M.D.