Tips for Arthritis Management:
- See your physician regularly. Work together to develop a comprehensive
treatment plan. Follow it!
- Communicate with your physician: Inform your doctor promptly about new
symptoms or any medication side effects.
- Manage joint fatigue: Learn to spread out your activities over the course
of the day, and listen to the feedback your body gives you. Rest when necessary,
whether you want to or not.
- Use joint sparing practices: Ask for help with difficult activities (e.g.
opening jars), use tools designed for patients with arthritis, etc.
- Practice stress management: Many of the symptoms of arthritis are unpredictable
and emotionally draining. This can be very stressful.
Click here for related information.
Created: 10/17/2000  - Donnica Moore, M.D.