Dr. Donnica's Healthy New Year's Resolutions
Have you written--and committed to--your
healthy New Year's resolutions yet, or are you procrastinating? Here are
some suggestions to get you started.
- I will give myself and my family the gift of a healthier lifestyle
- I will give myself the gift of a healthy breakfast each day.
- I will give myself the gift of stopping my unhealthy behaviors (e.g.
smoking, drinking too much alcohol, etc.).
- I will wear my seat belt religiously.
- I will increase my water intake by drinking a glass of water instead
of a sugary, carbonated or alcoholic drink.
- I will take my necessary vitamins and supplements.
- I will practice proper dental hygiene.
- I will get my annual physical exam plus my pelvic, Pap smear,
rectal exam, and mammogram if I am due for them.
- I will practice monthly breast self exams.
- I will increase my daily physical activity. . .and enjoy it!
One of my New Year's resolution repeaters
is usually to stop procrastinating. I noticed that's not on the list
this year. And look what happened! I got my New Year's resolutions
finished early. Well, the health list anyway!
This article comes with my best wishes to
all for a happy and healthy New Year!
Created: 1/10/2005  - Donnica Moore, M.D.